Summer vacations arrive, and it is the perfect time to relax and take a few days off before returning to the routine in September. Or maybe, between those days off, you want to satisfy your curiosity or you want to reinforce knowledge to recycle or progress professionally .
July and August are the perfect months for this, so from Xataka we will reissue the list of online courses (mostly free, with optional payment certifications) that prepare you for the jobs that will be increasingly demanded in the future . Or, they simply entertain more than a restless mind that gets bored with the concept of doing nothing for vacations. Let’s go there.
Part of the courses that you will see in this collection have already begun, but do not worry: you can continue enrolling in them and follow at your own pace with no dates butt .
Virtual and augmented reality
- Specialized Virtual Reality Program (English, 6 months, free). The University of London has this course for beginners, with which you can create your first virtual reality application.
- Introduction to the development of video games with Unity (Spanish, 6 weeks, free). This course of the Polytechnic University of Valencia, already active in 2017, is still a good way to learn one of the most used 3D rendering engines in video games. An alternative to this course is that of Eudonix called ‘ Learn to Build Mobile Games using Unity3D ‘ (English, 10 hours, free).
- Creating VR Apps (English, 6 weeks, free): Creating virtual reality applications will be increasingly demanded in the future. This San Diego University course can help you take the first steps in this world.
- How Virtual Reality Works (English, 6 weeks, free): The University of San Diego itself maintains this course to learn how to create your own virtual reality environment.
- Introduction to Virtual Reality (English, 2 weeks, free): another course that has survived since 2017 with the help of Google itself, which introduces us to the development of virtual reality through its Google VR platform.
- The Complete ARKit Course (English, 93 classes, 199.99 euros). If you are specialized in the iOS platform, you can take this complete course on ARKit to develop your own augmented reality applications.
- Building a Future with Robots (English, 3 weeks, free). More and more professions are on their way to automate, so from the University of Sheffield they propose us to study what robots will need to be able to handle tasks in hospitals, factories, schools and even our homes.
- Design, manufacture and program your own robot (Spanish, 6 weeks, free). Making your own robot is not as complicated as you imagine, and the knowledge you can learn with this course from the Polytechnic University of Valencia can help you to enter this professional field.
- Object detection (Spanish, 6 weeks, free). The Autonomous University of Barcelona proposes this course to learn something basic that all robots need: knowing how to detect objects with their cameras if they need it.
- Introducing Robotics: Robotics and Society (English, 3 weeks, free). The QUT offers you this course that gives an approach to how robotics will influence general society.
- Introducing Robotics: Build a Robot Arm (English, 5 weeks, free). Not all robots are going to have a humanoid shape, and this QUT course shows you by teaching you how to create a robotic arm.
- Introducing Robotics: Making Robots Move (English, 3 weeks, free). To end the trio of QUT courses, the latter teaches us the basics that allow a robot to move. It is not easy: it implies mastering geometry, vectors and movements in two and three dimensions.
Machine Learning and Big Data
- Big Data without mysteries (Spanish, eight weeks, free). This course of the Inter-American Development Bank is one of the most studied in edX, and with it you can learn the base you need to enter the world of mass data processing.
- Machine learning and data science (Spanish, 5 weeks, free): another basic course to learn the basis of machine learning at the hands of the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
- Machine learning (English, 55 hours, free). Again and at the hands of Stanford University, an introductory course in machine learning to master the algorithms and neural networks used by this science.
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning (English, 18 hours, free). A specialized course by Deeplearning.ai for all those who want to master this particular aspect of machine learning .
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Keras (English, 5 weeks, free): IBM also offers you a course with which to begin to enter the world of deep learning .
- Analyzing Data with Python (English, 5 weeks, free): Python is a mandatory programming language if you want to analyze large amounts of data. IBM has this course to help you.